Round itchy spots on foot

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Round itchy spots on foot

I have recently notices some round itchy spots on the souls of my foot. What are they and how do I get rid of them. I also have growths of thick and itchy skin on my finger tips. Is it the same disease as that associated with my foot. I need help!
It can be due to tinea or fungal infection, pompholyx or lichen planus (if they are violaceous in color). Most cases respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Wear shoes that fit properly and keep feet as dry as possible. Wearing wet shoes, boots and socks will increase your chance of developing such sores. So change socks regularly.
And use foot powder to help keep your feet dry. If the spots still persist then get it evaluated from a dermatologist/podiatrist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.