SANDBLASTING WOUND ON HUSBANDS FACE

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

SANDBLASTING WOUND ON HUSBANDS FACE

SOMEONE HELP ME OUT ON THIS!! MY HUSBAND WAS AT WORK SANDBLASTING AND THE HOSE KICKED BACK AT HIM AND GOT HIM CLEAR ACROSS THE FACE. HE HAS BEEN TO THE ONSITE MEDICAL FIRST AID PERSONELL, 8 HRS LATER TO THE ER AND THE NEXT MORNING TO A MED CLINIC. THEY TRY TO CLEAN OUT THE FACE BUT THE SAND IS COMPLETELY IMBEDDED INTO HIS SKIN. THE DR. SAID HE MAY NEED PLASTIC SURGERY OR SUCH. BUT UNTIL HE IS TREATED AT A BURN CENTER TOMORROW I NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS SERIOUS COMPLICATIONS IF THE WOUND IS LEFT ALONE FOR MORE THAN 3-4 DAYS. CAN HE DIE FROM THIS? IAM SOOOO SCARED. I STAY UP ALL NIGHT TO BE SURE HE DON'T SLEEP ON HIS LEFT SIDE OF FACE AND I ALWAYS CLEAN AND APPLY TRIPPLE ANTIBACTERIAL OINTMENT. I JUST FEEL LIKE THE DRS (EVEN THOUGH THEY SAY IT'S SERIOUS) , LIKE THEY THINK THAT THE NEXT DAY OR TWO WILL BE OK. ALSO WHAT CAN BE DONE LATER AFTER WOUND HEALS AND THEY ARE UNABLE TO GET ALL THE DEBRIS OUT? WHAT ABOUT LATER SCARING? HIS EYE IS SWOLLEN SHUT- FACE LOOKS BLACK WHERE THE SAND IS IMBEDED IN AND RED AND PUSING. IAM SOOO SCARED. WORRIED ABOUT INFECTION!
PLEASE HELP ME IN ADVICE!