SCALP FUNGUS

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

SCALP FUNGUS

SCALP FUNGUS

To: anyone ( help a brotha out)!!
It seems that I went to a barber and dirty clippers have caused me to devolp a fungus, I have tried all types of shampoos, and lamisil. It seems now to be spreading through out my head. What can I do to get rid of this. I have never had anything like this before and am at my wits end!

I went to my doctor and she prescribed lamisil pills and also gave me lamisil cream but it does not seem to work very well. i try to keep my hair low so that i can properly affect this area but it is not helping much and it is very embarassing.

Todd

Scalp fungus is otherwise known as seborrheic dermatitis.  You can't contract it at the barbers.  No one knows why it develops but it is caused by an abnormally large amount of a particular fungus which is present on most adults' scalps.  (It also causes dandruff).  I suggest you try Nizoral shampoo and then if that stops working psoriasin for scalp from shopinprivate.com.  
I know this sounds odd, but it just may work for you. I have heard that when someone has fungus of the toe nails that soaking them in white vineger works. It's not a one soak deal, and must be done every day for a while, but it might work quicker on your scalp since its not dense like toes nails.
Ive had this problem with the bumps and the puss/blood/juice oozing out almost a year now as well. ive been to the dermatologist twice and was given to rubbing cream prescriptions the first time, then these painful injections the second time to no avail. my regular doctor prescribed me something called bactrim which was a ten day oral medication that seemed to work, but when that was used up and i got my next haircut it was back again. now im just not getting a haircut for a while and waiting to go see my doctor again to see whats going on.
Perifolliculitis capitis abscedens et suffodiens (dissecting cellulitis of the scalp), though not serious could be disturbing. Culture to identify organism is essential.Oral isoretinoin, XRay Epilation, antibiotics are different modes of treatment in such cases of confirmed diagnosis.Do consult your doc.