SEVERE DRY SCALP
I have had a very bad problem with my scalp for some years.

First, the dandruff was stuck to my scalp and I started using lots of olive oil. It took a whole year to loosen the drandruff.

I keep my hair shaved off until my scalp can heal if ever. I am female.

Now my hair is very sticky at the root. At the same time my scalp is very hard and dry. I would like to put moisture in my scalp. Help!

I was told not to use moisturizer in my hair while using olive oil what should I do?

I am unemployed I can afford a doctor either.

Sincerely,
Roxanne
It can be due to seborrheic dermatitis or dandruff. Eat a healthy diet. You can also take vit B6 and vit A and E which are good for hair and skin. Try medicated shampoos for dandruff. There are a number of over-the-counter shampoos available that can help. The most effective ingredients -- antimicrobials -- to look for are zinc pyridinethione, selenium sulfide, sulfur and ketoconazole (also available by prescription). If your hair is colored, don't use products with selenium sulfide or sulfur.

If the symptoms persist please consult a trichologist for the confirmatory diagnosis and treatment. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.