SEVERE ITCHING, RASH AND SCABS

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

SEVERE ITCHING, RASH AND SCABS

I have just had my blood drawn to check my TSH (Thyroid) and currently take medication (Synthroid).  I have high cholestral but I'm trying to control it so I don't have to take medication.  I just completed allergy testing and the only thing found was grass pollen and ginger.

Why I had those tests done, is because I'm battling with intense itching - especially at night where my body gets so hot but I dont have a fever but I break out into hives and itch immensly leaving little scrathes and or scabs.  I all ready know that its not scabies or any type of mite....no doctor can figure it out except to say that I have acute skin rash (I forgot what they call it) and was advised just to take something something to lower the histamine.  My body is full of sores and I'm tired of itching.  Allergist, my regular doc and skin doctor cannot figure it out except to say that I'm haveing a allergic reaction to something...but what?  My blood work was also checked for the sed rate with no inflamation (inflammation) found.  What would be my next step?  My body is telling me that something is wrong so I need to get this matter addressed, but who and where?  What type of doctor next?  Endocrinologist or thyroid doctor?  Internist?  Please advise.
Itchy skin that isn't accompanied by other obvious skin changes, such as a rash, is most often caused by dry skin (xerosis). Other conditions cause itchy skin as well. Apart from skin conditions, internal diseases like liver and kidney disorders, diabetes, iron deficiency anemia, irritation and allergic reactions to chemicals,wool,soaps,cosmetics and certain foods  can also cause itchy skin.

You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. You should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing. Covering the affected area with bandages and dressings can help protect the skin and prevent scratching. You should choose mild soaps without dyes or perfumes and use a mild, unscented laundry detergent when washing clothes, towels and bedding.

Please take a second opinion from a dermatologist if the symptoms persist. He/She will start with the specific medications.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.