SHINGLES TWICE IN THE SAME SPOT
Last year I was diagnosed with shingles localized above my left eye.  I took the anit-viral meds and it cleared up.  It has flared up again in the exact same location.   The shingles are still in the rasied red skin/unbroken blister phase and itch moderately.  The docs have started me on a regimen of acyclovir. 

I was told that you could not get shingles in the same place twice?  Is there any chance this could be something else?
Yes, I think there's a good chance neither outbreak was shingles.  It may be herpes simplex (the cold sore type) rather than herpes zoster (shingles.)  I suggest a viral culture next time this happens, but before acyclovir is prescribed.  If it is a cold sore, you can consider suppressing it with regular use of acyclovir if you get frequent recurrences.  Discuss this with your doctor or a consultant.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Just to let you know last year last June I had shingles. Its june again and I got the shingles again in the same place they started burning over and over the rash had not come right away but I went ahead and went to the doc they gave me valtrex. I'm on it now.

A related discussion, Bumbs on inner thighs and shingles was started.