Dermatology Expert Forum
SKIN RASH/FUNGUS

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

SKIN RASH/FUNGUS

I had jock itch 6 weeks prior to current infection. This started
under my thighs as a rash, and dry feeling rash for about 2 weeks
thought it was heat rash from the gym. Then it started to itch
it now spread over my buttux side of legs and around waist
I also have some on my forarms near my rist. I started with
jock itch treatment sprays, and Lamisil. after 1 1/2 weeks I wake up ever nite iching to death. A doctor gave me lotrisone to help
with itching. I also notices a few hard pea size nots appearing,
they are hard and not tender or sore to touch. otherwise small
red little pimples. the doctor was not sure and just took my
suggestion it was jock itch spreading. He thought it could be
scabees but said the rash did not look like it. I just wonder
about the hard knots on the skin
I'm not sure what you have, but it sure doesn't sound like fungus ("jock itch.")  You may have chafing irritation, or perhaps folliculitis (clogged pores.)

Neither is serious, but you need a proper diagnosis.  I suggest you see a dermatologist.  Meantime, the following over-the-counter medicines may help at least a little:
1. Sarna lotion for itch--use as needed
2. baby powder after showering
3. bacitracin ointment on any red bumps or "knots" on the skin once a day

No picking or squeezing, please.  A dermatologist should be able to sort things out for you.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I have a question also, I have a large bump/pimple/wart I don't know what it is under my penis. There is just one bump pimple thing. I have no idea what it is.
ok i know i have scabees and i have been itchin too but now its to the fact where when i put the cream on my body its so much worse. it burns and itches so much more than b4 i had the stuff on. i know not to scratch but to just rub and i really can't and really i just wanna know how in the world i can stop the itchy burning on my body. its to where i can't sleep or even sit still cuz it hurts so bad so i dunno wat to do but if anybody can tell me anything please PLEASE let me know im dying here thanx monithony
A related discussion, scbies was started.
A related discussion, ISO info on scabees was started.