SMALL WHITE/CLEAR BUMP ON OUTSIDE UPPER LIP..

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

i HAVE THIS WHITE/CLEAR BUMP ON THE OUTSIDE OF MY UPPER LIP IN THE RIGHT CORNER..THAT I HAD GOTTEN A FEW YEARS BACK AND JUST SCRATCHED IT OFF AND IT WENT AWAY AND THEN ABOUT A YEAR AGO IT CAME BACK AND IT WONT GO AWAY AND IT WONT POP. ITS HARD AND DOESNT HAVE ANYTHING IT IN AND ITS ATTACHED TO MY LIP. ITS SO UGLY AND IM ALWAYS PICKIN AT IT AND IT WONT GO AWAY. IVE TRIED ZOVERAX THAT A DOCTOR TOLD ME TO USE BUT SHE ONLY LOOKED AT IT FOR A SEC AND DIDNT KNOW WHAT SHE WAS TALKIN ABOUT I THINK. && IT DIDNT GO AWAY..I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO....!!! I WANT IT GONE!]

HELP.
It can be due to a small sebaceous cyst. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin. They may occur anywhere on body but scalp, ears, back, face, and upper arm, are common sites for sebaceous cysts. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected, then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.