Dermatology Community
SORE SPLIT SKIN
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

SORE SPLIT SKIN

HI, JUST WONDERED IF YOU COULD HELP, I HAVE VERY RED SPLIT SKIN WITH LIKE WHITE FLAKEY SKIN, THIS IS AT THE TOP OF MY BUM CRACK INSIDE MY THIGHS AND MY SKIN IS SPLIT IN THE FILDS OF MY SKIN AT THE TOP OF MY LEGS, IT LOOKS SIMILAR TO ATHELETES FOOT. I HAVE TRIED CANESTEN CREAM BETNOVATE TEA TREE OIL BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK I HAVE HAD THE SYPTOMS (symptoms) FOR ABOUT 12 MONTHS AND NOW FED UP WITH IT IT IS SORE AND PAINFULL PLEASE CAN YOU HELP?
Related Discussions
Hi,
This could be due to a fungal infection or it could be eczema.Tinea cruris is the scientific name for fungal infection of the groin region.it causes itching or a burning sensation in the groin area, thigh skin folds, or anus. It may involve the inner thighs and genital areas, as well as extending back to the perineum and perianal areas.
Affected areas may appear red, tan, or brown, with flaking, peeling, or cracking skin. A warm, damp environment allowing the fungus to cultivate greatly contributes; especially with tight, sweaty or rubbing clothing.
Tinea cruris is best treated with antifungal drugs applied topically. Traditionally creams containing tolnaftate, clotrimazole or miconazole have been used, although newer agents such as butenafine are also used.
If it does not respond you could try a mild Corticosteroid ointment.
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinea_cruris

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank