STINKY NECK ODOR
It's been about a year and boyfriend told me, "babe, your neck smells." I told him like what? And in all honesty he laughed and said, "butt!" *sigh* Yes embarrassing. So my question, I presume that this smell is closely related to belly button smell (YEAH NASTY I KNOW!) I have been trying every type of different soap, changed my shampoo and conditioners, stop wearing shirts that might rub or aggravate my neck area and still this smell.

*You can't smell it if your sanding next to me, but if you are so close (how he gets) or if I rub my fingers on it (i do periodically during the day because I dont want to get embarrassed)  you can smell it.

Any suggestions as to what I can do?

Thanks!
Perspiration is basically odorless, it can take on an unpleasant smell when it comes into contact with bacteria on your skin. Most often, it's the bacterial breakdown of apocrine sweat that causes a strong odor. Bad odor is mostly of sweat which may be seen in anxiety,obesity, allergies, eczema, psoriasis, synthetic fibers and warm temperatures. It is also seen in excessive sweating or hyperhydrosis.

I think getting a thyroid profile tested in the lab may help and also please consult a dermatologist to find out the confirmatory diagnosis as treatment depends on the same.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.
I have a lump on back of neck for a few years but lately it has been giving off a bad smell I never smelled it before till me wife said something about the order I have been trying soap and water body spray and deorant but it keeps coming back after a few min is there anything I can do to stop that smell
You might have a sebacious (sp?) cyst, a bump under the skin that you might even have had for a long time.  I had one and started getting a really foul smell from it a couple of months ago, on an intermittent basis.

It was getting really bad.  One night I just happened to take a hot bath and was up to my ears in hot water.  Right afterwards, I pressed on the cyst and it started emitting a sour smelling, cheesy liquid called Keratin.  I got as much out as possible and now the cyst is virtually gone.  If it comes back, I'll probably have a dermatologist remove it.

Good luck!
There is no cure for the odor!  You must figure out what the underlying issue is!  I have been experiencing a foul odor for the past 3 years. I have changed my soap, my clothes, used powder, deoderant, alcohol, peroxide, perfumes, and about an hour after my shower I still have this extremely foul odor.  I have seen over 10 doctors (PCP and several dermatologists) about this, have been tested for everything under the sun, including thyroid, even took prescription medications that claimed to help fight hyperhidrosis. NOTHING HAS WORKED!  If anyone knows anything that can work, please tell me cause I have literally tried everything, and am about to loose my job over this!  No one seems to understand, that you can take 10 showers a day and use the best of the best hygienic products and still stink.  I am now known as the stinky girl at work, and everyone steers clear of me!  They won't even get on the elevator with me. I have been battling this for 3 entire years now, and still no change!
Try splina and chlorophyll soap by Ed Mark distributor and also drinking chlorophyll liquid in water has helped me good luck oh also decrease your red meat intake.