Sacral Dimple?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Sacral Dimple?

Hello, I have relized that I have a small hole about 5cm away from my anus and since I read around a bit, I think it might be a "sacral dimple" or "pinodinal dimple", something of that kind. It is not swelled up, it was jsut starting to itch about 3-4 days ago, and now I relized it was a hole. What should I do, and what is it actually?

(It is only about 1.5mm wide, no blood, no nothing, just irritation now)
By the way, it is right in the middle of the buttcracks, on top of the anus. It seems it is located right in the middle, unlike I read that it is supposed to be placed on the left, it feels just sliiiightly on the left.
From the symptoms it looks like a pilonidal dimple. It is a small pit or sinus in the sacral area at the very top of the crease between the buttocks.

The majority of pilonidal dimples are harmless, congenital anomalies that consist of a small depression or pit. There may be increased hairiness around the area.The pilonidal dimple may also be a deep tract, rather than a shallow depression, leading to a sinus that may contain hair. These can become infected and drain. Then treatment by surgical approach is needed.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have the same thing! My sister (6years older) has always teased me about my dimple. LOL I have never really had a problem with it except that at times it can get irritated and dry. I do my best to use a QTip to clean it out after every shower and when I feel it getting dry I put a triple antibiotic or Carmex on a clean QTip and swab it really good. It really seems to help. I have had this all my life and never thought much about it. Hope this helps