Same sore for 8 month now: Location Forehead

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Same sore for 8 month now:  Location Forehead
Sent by Johnk6963  Age: 46
It seems we have the same situation with sores not healing up! I lost my job before the sore showed up. I tried everything over the counter and some medician but it seems that nothing works. My sore sounds exactly what you have or had. The scab never seems to stay on because if it gets wet it will come off or the plasma will take it off. At night my sore bleeds every night. I try to put a bande on it most of the time. It just won't heel either way. To me when it is in the open air my sore feels like it is burning, so weird! Sometime I think whatever it is, it is eating my skin away because it is getting bigger!! Have you recieved any information or treatment on your condition. I would really apreciate it if you could help me..

Thank you
John
Since the sore has been present on the forehead for quite a long time, so it can be due to a boil or an abscess and MRSA infection needs to be ruled out. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. . Hair follicles that are blocked by greasy creams, petroleum jelly, or similar products are more vulnerable to infection. Bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle. I suggest you to get it seen from a dermatologist and get a pus culture and blood sugar tests done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.