Sand from skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Sand from skin

After making a trip to Africa I slept in a bed that had like sand on it. Now I have sand-like particles and sometimes like large salt crystals (3mm) coming out of my skin. Sometimes it is like white particles. I have about 200 of these coming out of my skin every day, all parts of the body but particularly Skalp, hands, tips of fingers and under rings, soles of feet, behind, back. I have non-healing pimple-like lesions on my thigh, chest, arm and neck made by the salt crystals. The sand grains come out in a few minutes when I apply neem oil. We are several people in my family with this condition. Is this scabies or demodex, or something else? Every place I spend time (computer, bed, bathroom) rapidly gets these sand particles all round me. If I clean the floor really well with disinfectant, nevertheless when I have been sitting there at my computer for one evening, I can collect several hundred "grains of sand". I have taken Ivermectin 5 times, Permethrin, Malathione. The best thing seems to be bleach and neem oil or any oil, even cooking oil with some essential oil (tea tree, orange). Vogel's neem oil shampoo is great and causes a lot of movement in my hair. I have been washing and drying my clothes daily on hottest setting and washing bedclothes every other day for some months now. I do natural remedies every day and take 1-2 showers a day. Please respond, I need to go to job interviews and be able to work. Should I avoid swimming pool, public transport, working? Is there any veterinary product I can try in addition to horse paste? Any precaution for an elderly family member suffering from the same thing as me? How much Ivermectin can one take? I know demodex has a smell like burnt hair, I have this from time to time but not strong.

This discussion is related to Sand like particles with bumps that itch.
you described Morgellons Disease. still in research stages. visit morgellons research foundation Uk, and Charles Holman foundation, and Oklahoma Medical Center. Ignore the bs blogs and publications that say its not real. it is a systemic infection. epson salt baths, apple cider vinegar, lots of herbs. research and u wil find milions of hits of people self treating becaue meducal system and cdc has failed them. it is suspected to be rekated to GMO which is likely why the delay.
I had similar issues, and continue to. Going on 3 years now. It started looking like pimples, so ignored it. But then it went crazy and completely covered my top half of body, red bumps, I was itchy alll over, the bumps dont itch, just everything. I saw hard partials, like sand or salt coming out of each bump...they wouldn't come out on their own, I had to dig it out. And the bump wouldn't go away until I did. And sometimes I comes right back. I've seen 3 dermatologists 10 doctors, 2 specialists. I've been finally told its pitrosporum  folliculitis. That's what biopsy of bump said. But I feel it goes deeper and is internal. Its  very aggressive, and nothing jeeps it away for long, it seems to find a way around the medication. Try econozole...thats what helps me somewhat.
it probably wasn't sand in your bed, odds are it was exactly whats coming out of your body but just someone elses who has the same disease as you. That's probably how it was transferred to you and your family