Sand from skin
After making a trip to Africa I slept in a bed that had like sand on it. Now I have sand-like particles and sometimes like large salt crystals (3mm) coming out of my skin. Sometimes it is like white particles. I have about 200 of these coming out of my skin every day, all parts of the body but particularly Skalp, hands, tips of fingers and under rings, soles of feet, behind, back. I have non-healing pimple-like lesions on my thigh, chest, arm and neck made by the salt crystals. The sand grains come out in a few minutes when I apply neem oil. We are several people in my family with this condition. Is this scabies or demodex, or something else? Every place I spend time (computer, bed, bathroom) rapidly gets these sand particles all round me. If I clean the floor really well with disinfectant, nevertheless when I have been sitting there at my computer for one evening, I can collect several hundred "grains of sand". I have taken Ivermectin 5 times, Permethrin, Malathione. The best thing seems to be bleach and neem oil or any oil, even cooking oil with some essential oil (tea tree, orange). Vogel's neem oil shampoo is great and causes a lot of movement in my hair. I have been washing and drying my clothes daily on hottest setting and washing bedclothes every other day for some months now. I do natural remedies every day and take 1-2 showers a day. Please respond, I need to go to job interviews and be able to work. Should I avoid swimming pool, public transport, working? Is there any veterinary product I can try in addition to horse paste? Any precaution for an elderly family member suffering from the same thing as me? How much Ivermectin can one take? I know demodex has a smell like burnt hair, I have this from time to time but not strong.

This discussion is related to Sand like particles with bumps that itch.
you described Morgellons Disease. still in research stages. visit morgellons research foundation Uk, and Charles Holman foundation, and Oklahoma Medical Center. Ignore the bs blogs and publications that say its not real. it is a systemic infection. epson salt baths, apple cider vinegar, lots of herbs. research and u wil find milions of hits of people self treating becaue meducal system and cdc has failed them. it is suspected to be rekated to GMO which is likely why the delay.
I had similar issues, and continue to. Going on 3 years now. It started looking like pimples, so ignored it. But then it went crazy and completely covered my top half of body, red bumps, I was itchy alll over, the bumps dont itch, just everything. I saw hard partials, like sand or salt coming out of each bump...they wouldn't come out on their own, I had to dig it out. And the bump wouldn't go away until I did. And sometimes I comes right back. I've seen 3 dermatologists 10 doctors, 2 specialists. I've been finally told its pitrosporum  folliculitis. That's what biopsy of bump said. But I feel it goes deeper and is internal. Its  very aggressive, and nothing jeeps it away for long, it seems to find a way around the medication. Try econozole...thats what helps me somewhat.
I literally have and feel the same exact way! Started off doctor said folliculitis and he prescribed me a topical cream and it did zero. Then on to my primary doctor the other was the gyno and now she prescribed antibiotics and it did zero. Now family,friends, and clients are noticing it and I'm a picker which helps me none but it is what it is. I'm also a hair stylist and am around many chemicals and products that probably don't help in the slightest bit. Started on my arms a year ago and then spread to five and at this time they were all just red bumps with clear fluid that I couldn't help put just pop. Summer came and was in shorts and tank top so it prevented a lot of picking bc I was exposed and into fall where no one see's my bikini area so I grown hairs were my favorite to pick and then legs back face stomach and inbetween in my chest area. Now it's the sand like crystals or these stretchy white plugs that literally go onward if u squeeze them but once u can get a grip on it and it's not easy u can yank them out and it's big for coming out of that your pore. Then goes down in swelling u think it's gone and jokes on me it's back and of course I'm obsessed with yanking them out it's fun to me until after I see the damage I do to myself. But now i also have these crystal like things coming out that u have to take with tweezers sometimes u can hear them crunch when u get it a certain way with the tweezers. And sometime when they kinda prick u when u get them if u touch it. Anyway finally went to a derm and she was the meanest lady ever. I even brought a bag of the plug I took out and things that I thought would help and nope she didn't even wanna see it (she could of at least pretended to care) was on bactrim ds cause the bad ones turn into a staph infection ( yea that's fun to think about when ur a hair stylist always touching ppl) then back on the antibiotic for 30 days for folliculitis...... some days I'm happy bc it seems like they go away until boom it's back and they are  piercing through again. I know in my gut something is not right at all do I think I may of had/have  folliculitis and a Bad infection yea probably but there is something ALSO going on like a chemical reaction of some sort allergy? I also suffer from chronic migraines and get Botox for them every 3 months (31 injections) I've gotten every cream oil antibacterial anything and I can't say one has actually really helps maybe calm them down for a hot second but I can't stop obsessing over this and I thought I had demodex and freaked out doctor says it's folliculitis but idk I sleep in the same bed as my boyfriend he has zip. And I'm a hairstylist I touch people for living and brushes combs towels ect.! How would I ever explain that to my boss/ clients oh btw u may have mites bc of me. I also heard animals could carry a form of staph idk see I could go on about what it MAY be but my gut instinct has neverrrrrrr done me wrong (I know what the baby's gender is by just feeling the energy of the pregnant woman) I have never I mean never been wrong. It's funny they will be like I know it's a boy and I'm like ehhhhh but you ARE having a girl and they laugh always so and I told u so never gets old lol but I need help:( I'm 27 and I have enough medical stuff to deal with I needn't help with this one plzzzzzz anyone have any advice I really need it:(
it probably wasn't sand in your bed, odds are it was exactly whats coming out of your body but just someone elses who has the same disease as you. That's probably how it was transferred to you and your family
Morgellons disease.