Dermatology Community
Scabbed mole
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Scabbed mole

Hello,
I have had a mole on my arm for as long as I can remember. Recently, it's been slightly sore and itching, and has a scab over it. Instead of looking the typical brown color, it's now red and scar-like in appearance. There is slight bleeding sometimes and sore to the touch. It sort of looks like a cigarette burn on skin. I'm in South America now and won't be back in the US until mid January. I do have a family history of skin problems/cancer, thus the worry over the change in the mole. It has been like this for almost a month now. Should I be concerned?
Tags: scab, mole, sore, itch
Related Discussions
Hi,

Any changes in a mole that occurs over weeks should be evaluated by your doctor. More so if you have a family history of skin cancer. Other symptoms that you should watch out for include a new growth or sore that won't heal;  a spot, mole or sore that itches or hurts; or a mole or growth that bleeds, crusts or scabs.

Remember the ABCDE rule: asymmetry, border, color, diameter and elevation. Any changes in these 5 categories are helpful signs of detecting skin cancer. It would be best to have this evaluated further to rule out skin cancer and other causes. Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...