Scabies Help!?!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Scabies Help!?!

How do you determine if scabies was sexually transmitted or not?  I got a rash on my penis and groin area and went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with scabies.  I am monogamous so I don't know how I could have gotten scabies on my penis unless my wife had cheated.  Although she has not mentioned any symptoms at all.  Is it possible scabies could have gotten on my penis from my hands or was my wife unfaithful.  I did not have itching or rash any where else on my body.  I have been treated and I need to know where this could have possibly came from and if the scabies on my penis could have been contracted some other way than my wife cheating?  Please help, I'm so upset about this.  
Tags: scabies
Scabies is not sexually transmitted, it is a highly contagious disease and you can contact it when in close contact with anyone who is having scabies. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. It is also possible to transmit scabies mite by shaking hands, hanging your coat next to someone who has it, or even sharing bedclothes that had mites in them.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.