Scabies infection?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Scabies infection?

Ok, a while back, I started to get itchy at work after ripping up a carpet (I think was the cause, not sure).  Then it got worst, and I was itchy all over for the most part, and it "seemed" to spread to my home living spaces, mostly carpeting, bedding, and couches, it seemed.  We got one of those alergenic bed covers, and it seemed to help alot.  The only reason I say carpet is because I picked up a big roll of this used carpet and my arms were all red and itchy, so I feel they are linked.  So anyway, then my girlfriend then caught it, and she has rashes all over now too.  The weird part is, my dog seems to have caught it (which seems nearly impossible to me) and now my little child has it.  It looks like mosquito bites on me, but sometimes a bunch of little bumps.  On my girlfriend it looks like small bumpy rashes, and on the baby, it looks like bug bites.  On the dog, he has black spots like scabs.  Does this sound like scabies or is it something else?
Tags: scabies
do you think there could be fleas? See you doctor if it is scabies you will be prescribed a medication.
Yeah, it sure was, but here's a twist.  The dog is itchy too!  The vet said he doesn't have mange, but I layed on the carpet yesterday after it had been vacuumed that morning, and my legs lit up with bites.  I read on the cdc website we could catch a dog mite, but it wouldn't survive on a human long.  I feel like the dog is the key.  He gave me some stuff to give him kind of like front line that kills mites, ugh, can't wait to be over it.  We treated ourselves and the little one with the cream from the dermatologist, and it was good for 7 days or so, but I feel like I am catching it again.  We cleaned the whole house in it's entirety, which is why I feel like we are getting it from the dog.  Thanks for your comments!