Scabies or eczema

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Scabies or eczema

I had a rash that started on the right side of my stomach. It is now bigger then a baseball and had spread to my chest below my kneck, the other side of my stomach and the back of both legs, on the calf. I went to the ER and they told me its either scabies ot eczema. I did the premetherin and its still here. I have also used tea tree oil and myrh. It doesnt itch as much now,, but my legs look like razor burn and itch. I turn red only if hot and after a hot shower. The places on my stomach look like red pimples with blood dried on top. my chest is just small red bumps and then my legs look like the razor burn. do i have scabies or could it be eczema?
I cannot confirm anything without examination but going by your symptoms,the possibility of scabies is high.It is an infestation of the skin with the Sarcoptes scabiei mite. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

Eczema presents as itchy red rashes which are dry and may cause flaking.

I sincerely advie you to consult a dermatologist and get an evaluation done.

I hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.