Dermatology Expert Forum
Scabs Inside Nose
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Scabs Inside Nose

Hey Doc, My nose has a somewhat scab/crust on the inside. But its right there on both sides of the center part of my nose (sorry i forgot the name of that).

Last night i picked the scab/crust and it started to bleed. Not much blood, only when i stuck somthing in to wipe out the blood.

Now i read somewhere that it could be oral herpes? I'm not really sure, i haven't done to much research on it. And they say it can spread to the eyes. Now i've had some eye problems for the last month...so i don't know if that's the problem or not.

Thanks for your help!
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
I don't think this sounds anything like herpes, for all kinds of reasons.  I suggest you apply an antibiotic ointment like neosporin or bacitracin to the scabs, and otherwise to leave the area strictly alone.  I bet it will heal completely in less than a week.  If it doesn't, it still isn't herpes but it should be looked at by a doctor.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, nose scab bleeding for years was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker