Scalp dermatitis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Scalp dermatitis

The fellow with the recalcitrant scalp disorder which won't respond to anything should look into celiac disease.  Sometimes its manifestation is rashes that won't go away, tho' all the other celiac disease tests are negative or indeterminate.  Good luck.
0%
 (0) 
I don't understand
0%
 (0) 
What these boxes are asking for
0 Members voted
Topical antifungals and mild steroids are the usual treatment and combination of the two can be used to treat stubborn patches in seborrheic dermatitis scalp. Oral antifungal drugs and immunomodulators such as tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are used in very severe cases. The other possibilities are of eczema, lupus erythematosus or dermatitis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.