Scalp issue.. please help!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Scalp issue.. please help!

At the beginning of June, I noticed I had a spot near the top of my scalp that was draining puss. Shortly thereafter, I noticed that the area had crusted over but that was easily removed. I also noticed that my left lymph node had swollen up. A few days later, I took a picture to see if the lymph node was red and I found a tiny red bump that looked like a pimple - at the nape of my neck. In feeling around, I have noticed that there are a few other pimple-like bumps on or around my scalp.

Currently, the lymph node remains swollen but there is zero pain. The pimples are still there and my bump seems to leak once a month. I recently noticed my scalp is a little itchier than before (though I admit I am thinking about this a lot so it could be in my head) and I discovered one more spot that had drained. I also have noticed in the past month that when i shower and rub my habds through my hair, a lot of hair is coming out in ny hands from the very bottom. i am 31, female, Mexican with hair down to the bottom of my torso. Does this sound like anything?
Try alternating Nizoral shampoo with Neem shampoo and then the third day I'd suggest Neutrogena Clean shampoo.  Lather up twice each time.  

Never use conditioner as it will make the scalp worse.  If you are saying your hair is long, I'd keep it shorter until this recovers.  Rinsing your hair after washing it with diluted white vinegar will help dry out your scalp and also treat fungal infection.  

Take a probiotic every day and cut out sugar and starches.  Cutting out milk may help.  Get checked for Celiac disease.  Get checked for vitamin and iron deficiency.  

You may have seborrhea or folliculitis or dermatitis  herpetiformis (from Celiac disease).  Controlling yeast overgrowth may help many of these problems.  That's why the probiotic and low-starch/sugar diet.  
My son had seborrhea when he was in his teens and had tiny bumps on his head and around the hairline.  His lymph nodes on the back of his skull enlarged.  I took him to a dermatologist who got it cleared up with the shampoos mentioned above.  

I would certainly see a dermatologist about the draining areas. Folliculitis (if that's what this is) tends to recur if there is a trapped ingrown hair.