Scalp nodules
I HAVE LARGE PAINFUL NODULES UNDERNEATH MY SCALP AS WELL A PORTION OF THE MIDWAY POINT OF MY SKULL IS INDENTED AND I SUFFER WITH SEVERE HEADACHES . I TAKE OTC MEDS TO SLEEP, BUT NOTHING HELPS. MY VISION IS DETERIORATING ALSO. I 'M A 23 YR. OLD FEMALE AND HAVE GONE TO THE ER WITH THIS PROBLEM BUT I KEEP GETTING REFERRED TO DERMATOLOGISTS. NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS IS? I HAVE A 2YR OLD THAT I HAVE TO CARE FOR.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME,

BRANDON

This discussion is related to BALD LINES  ON SCALP(LOOK LIKE CORN ROLLS).

These bumps on the scalp may need to be further evaluated. Scalp conditions like fungal infections, cysts and certain growths need to be ruled out. The depth of the involved tissue and the extent that these bumps cover need to be determined. I suggest that you seek consult with an internist. Scalp problems may be a manifestation of underlying systemic problems.

Do you have similar bumps or lumps in other parts of the body?

Do you experience redness, pain or hair loss in the involved areas?
My husband has nodules on his scalp as well. Currently he has three. One is large and has become red, painful, and hair has stopped growin on this part of his scalp. The second is smaller, with the same symptoms, and the third is quite smaller and hasn't become red or caused hair loss yet. He's 26 years old. We don't currently have health insurance, but should be getting it in the next three months. I'm just worried that we need to have these things looked at sooner than that. He's had the two larger ones for years, but they're getting bigger, more red, and more painful. The large one is much more noticeable now that he's not growing hair there....

Rachel
Thanks for your comment. I don't have lumps anywhere else. They're extremely painful to touch, no redness, and my hairgrowth on the lumps is very coarse. The headaches are daily-mostly waking with them. I recently picked up my 2 year old from daycare and cannot remember the drive home. This is really frightening to me. I will take your suggestion and wait for the outcome.  Thanks again.
I would love to know what the outcome was as I have the exact same group of symptoms: hair coarse to the point of breaking off (not falling out) and super tender.  Also frequent headaches. Please share?
my daughter has had nodules on her scalp since the age of 3. she is now 22 and they have become painful along with headaches. she has had steroids injected with some relief. will provide more info if necessary. they diagnosed it as subcutaneous granuloma annulare. it has no know cause or cure. they are suppose to be painless.

Lynn