Scaly, itchy raised lesion on neck
A couple of months ago I had an itch on the back of my neck and, when I reached up to scratch it, I discovered a scaly, raised lesion running all along the hairline.  I do not have lesions anywhere else on my body, so it seems highly unlikely I'm having a reaction to something.  When left alone, the top layer of skin along the lesion will itch and flake off when rubbed. I have used 100% aloe vera gel, Vitamin E cream, and OTC hydrocortisone cream.  It seems to improve for a day or two, but it never goes away.  It looks red and inflamed, but it doesn't seem to be infected.  I am beginning to get concerned, so I made an appointment with a dermatologist.  However, the earliest appointment they had was in June.  Do you have any idea what this could be or have suggestions on what I should do in the meantime?  

Thank you for any advice or assistance you can offer.  
This can be due to dermatitis skin or eczema skin. Check out if used a ne shampoo/ conditioner or hair dye recently. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid. For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken. Applying calamine lotion also helps in soothing the skin.

If the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done by a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.