DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
Scaly Spots on body
by ymills, Nov 29, 2009
I am experiencing scaly dark brown spots on my body, mostly on chest neck, and arms, now I notice some appearing on my face and legs..It doesn't really itch..I also noticed that a bump came on my neck as if something had bit me, and it itched really bad then it disappeared a day later...I am also a diabetic could this come from being a diabetic or could it be something very serious like a viral infection.....
Member Comments (1)
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Dec 01, 2009
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination but it can be pityraisis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and sometimes by itching.
No treatment is usually required but severe cases may need steroids (topical and oral). Please consult a dermatologist and get the diagnosis confirmed. The other possibility is of pityriasis versicolor.
I hope it helps. Take care and God bless.