Scaly dry skin Callus on left side of Pinky Finger.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

My pinky finger developed a weird bump and scaly callus on the side of it. I was wondering what that could be and if it should get looked at. It hurts with the skin starts to flake off. I also have a skin rash behind my ear and on my neck that I am concerned with. I thought it might just be psoriasis but I am worried it could be something more.
It can be a small myxoid cyst, ganglion, benign growth of a common wart of the hand. A mucous or myxoid cyst arises from degeneration in the connective tissue on the top of the last segment of the finger. It may connect with the joint at the end of the finger. A ganglion cyst is a swelling that often appears on or around joints and tendons in the hand or foot. I would suggest a dermatologist’s evaluation for this.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.