Scar tissue?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Scar tissue?

So I burned my right index finger just below the knuckle on a pan.  Not a huge burn or anything.  It did blister and then the blister went away.  Sooner after the blister healed I noticed a semi-hard bump had formed in the exact spot the blister was (same shape and all).  Over time the hard spot moved up a bit on top of my knuckle.  The bump has grown a bit and now covers my knuckle.  Originally when the bump moved on top of my knuckle it was raised more but I think over time i accidentally bumped it on things a lot (and yes it is painful when i bump it on something) and now the bump flattened out a little (maybe why it now covers my entire knuckle?).  Any idea what this could be?  I thought it was scar tissue that had formed as a result of the blister but I'm concerned that it has moved and grown larger.