Scar turns deep purple
My daughter has a scar (about same size of a nickel) caused by bicycle's accident years ago. It was raised about 1/4 " high with dark skin color in this area. After more than a year of treatment, it almost flatten but the scar, days after days, turning darker color (deep purple). My question is how to bring the scar area back to natural flesh skin? Thank you for your help !
It looks like post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Treatment is a prolonged process prolonged process that often takes 6-12 months to achieve the desired results of depigmentation.

The treatment for post inflammatory hyperpigmentation includes various skin creams like hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment. If it still persists then you can go in for laser treatment, Chemical peeling or microdermabrasion.
You can discuss these treatment options with your daughter’s dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.