Scarring On Penis
When I was about 5 years old I had a circumcision done and due to complications during the procedure, it wasn't properly completed. A couple of years later, I underwent surgery to fix the previous failed circumcision. After it was completed I had a few scars and discoloration that stayed with me throughout my life. The most noticeable are black scars (I am colored by the way, if that helps) that run across the bottom side of my penis. Scattered throughout my penis there are also scars (also black) but are much smaller and less conspicuous. All these scars are found around the area where the foreskin is removed. I also have, what I think, small rashes on one side and one slight out growth of skin, looks sort of like a mole. My question is can these scars be removed; I know that scars can not completely be erased. Also, does the location of my scars pose any difficulties in the process of fading them away. And about the mole like thing, for lack of a better word, can it also be removed like a regular mole. I will be asking my doctor, but I am interested to hear what you guys have to say.

Thank You
The scarring on penis is due to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation after the surgery. Considering the delicate skin of the penis, you can go in for laser treatment, Chemical peeling or microdermabrasion. For the mole, you can have it removed by shave excision, elliptical mole excision or laser treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Before doing any invasive treatment, do you suggest any non invasive methods such as creams. What are the most effective creams/ointments for the discoloration?

The scars that you are having are pretty old and moreover the skin of the penis and glans is very thin. So although many different creams like available like hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids and tretinoin cream but it is advisable to use them after consulting a dermatologist only.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Hello again,

So how effective can these creams be in my circumstance? I know you can't give an absolute answer to this question, but I would like to hear what you have to say.

Thank you very much.