Schambergs disease
This discussion is related to Information on Schamberg's Disease.

reading Bobbalou's post on the 17th Feb. I found myself almost reading my own symptoms. I have suspected Schamberg's I am awaiting the biopsy results but the 2 dermatologists I have seen are pretty convinced that it is Schambergs. I am female and have lesions on my lower legs arms and buttocks. They were not really bothering me apart from being unsightly, then I got these sore on my upper body that burned from the inside and were really painful to the point that wearing a bra was uncomfortable. They also at times caught me with a more stabbing pain. They have eventually dried out and formed tiny little scabs that are dots. I showed them to a dermatologists who seemed to think they were insect bites. I don't think they are as they seemed to come from inside my body eventually emerging on the surface of my skin. Their lifetime was very different to an insect bite and they have still not totally gone. I am wandering now if there is a connection to schambergs disease especially as they way they were previously described was so similar to how I felt them. It can't just be a coincidence can it?  

These red splotches in the extremities may be nummular eczema, irritant or contact dermatitis, fungal infections, and Schamberg's disease.

These conditions may be persistent and recurrent.

As for Schamberg's disease ,"Schamberg's disease, or progressive pigmented purpuric dermatitis, is a chronic discoloration of the skin which usually affects the legs and often spreads slowly.

The persistence and recurrence of the skin condition may likely suggest a dermatitic skin condition. If varicosities are present then vascular causes have to be ruled out.

Schamberg's disease is a type of purpura, a purplish discoloration of the skin caused by blood leaking from small vessels near the skin surface. It generally causes no symptoms and needs no treatment.

The eruption may persist for years but the pattern of eruption may change. Some people may have mild itching and require treatment with corticosteroid creams or antibiotics.

There is no permanent cure for the disease. Some laser treatments are being considered but they are still in the trial phase and none of them can be considered as a definite part of the treatment of the disease. Vitamin C may also help in some cases.

Let us know if you need any other information. Post us about how you are doing.

Regards.
You keep on mentioning Vitamin C which does help some . I want to find Rutoside. My Dermatologist told me to get it. The only thing is my Dermatologist will not tell me were I can get it. He told me I have to research and look for it myself.
I think its vitamin P but not sure. I also seen it has buckweat and other ingredients in it.
Some are mix with vitamin C and have another word call rudin.
Please tell me were I can get this vitamin.
Hi Bren,
I got my rutoside (rutin) from Clarks Nutritional Centers
www.clarksnutrition.com

good luck!