Dermatology Community
Scraped off moles
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Scraped off moles

OMG. Please help. I did something really stupid about 3 weeks ago. I had 2 annoying dark flat moles on my face and I was putting some bleaching creme on them for about 2 weeks. This produced no results so I then came up with the bright idea to scratch them off which I was successful at doing. They scabbed but as soon as it the scabs fell off, one mole is now darker and the other is kind of a light brown reddish hue that looks like a pimple scar!!! It's also cratered a little. Looks like some of the original pigment is darkening but only on the outer circle of the mole. Not sure if this is my imagination but both moles now look bigger! I visited a dermatologist and she thinks the lighter cratered one will grow back. But when???? I'm now forced to dot black eyeliner on the brown reddish mole because it looks like acne scarring. I've been using vitamin e. Is there anything else I can do? I hate to say it but I just want the mole to be dark again rather than look like a healing pimple. Please do not pick your or scrape your moles (especially on your face!!) yourself, you will regret it. Thanks for any advice you can give.
Tags: mole