DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
Scratching leaves bruises on skin
by madster77, Jul 08, 2009
Every time my legs itch, I'll scratch and it leaves a big bruise wherever I scratched.  It gets so bad that my legs sometimes are covered in bruises.  Can anyone help?
Member Comments (2)
by Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank, Jul 09, 2009

Anemia and deficiency of vitamins C, K, B12, or folic acid are the common causes of easy bruisability even after scratching.Try taking iron tablets and multivitamins for some days and see if the symptoms improve.

If the symptoms do not improve, get yourself evaluated by a physician and look out for SLE, bone marrow disorders, liver diseases or other systemic diseases.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

by jody94, Sep 25, 2013
Hi my is Jody, I've read your comment on the bruising after they scratched. I'm having the same problem. We had our second baby in Feburary, do u think that has a lot to do with my low levels of Iron, and always being sleepy?