Scrotal Hyperpigmentation

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Scrotal Hyperpigmentation

I am a 52-year-old whilte male who has sex with other men. I have noticed that many men have scrotal skin that is several shades darker than the skin in other parts of their bodies. I learned in NP school that some hyperpigmentation issues are related to deficiencies in nutritional elements. I also learned that some complementary therapies can change hyperpigmentation. Is there a nutrititional supplement tor complementary therapy hat men can take to "lighten up" their scrotal skin to the point of matching the rest of their skin?
It is natural to find darkened genital and scrotal area in some men and there is no abnormality in it. It is not due to any nutritional deficiencies. This darkening occurs when an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin color, forms deposits in the skin.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.