Scrotal itch

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Scrotal itch

I have a bearable scrotal itch on my left side, there's no flaking skin, bleeding, puss, bruising, soreness, or any noticeable bumps. The skin just feels somewhat leathery and rough.

Is that jock itch/fungal? It hasn't spread elsewhere, just only the left side of the scrotum. I think i've had it just under a month. It's bearable but I am concerned. I have a serious history of eczema but it has been a long while and wasn't aware that it affects "down there".

Any thoughts on what it could be? Thanks in advance.
The first possibility is of jock itch. Wash your groin daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying, not rubbing. A hairdryer is useful if you have hairy groins. The damp groin is an ideal site for fungi to multiply. Also wear cotton underwear and change them twice a day and do not share other people’s towels. Application of local antifungal cream(terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it's fungal at all. Wouldn''t fungi spread around the area?

I have been using cortisone for 2 days, once or twice daily and the itch has gone completely. The skin on the left side still looks different from the right side but it doesn't feel rough or leathery. I really think it's eczema like I have had before around the thigh, neck or face, although different in texture. Anyway it looks like it's going, but from what I've read on the internet it will return not long after use.