Dermatology Expert Forum
Scrotum abnormality

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Scrotum abnormality

Doctor,

I have a strange skin issue. My scrotum's skin at times gets very think and wrinkled. Its only the middle area. the sides are ok although they r redish. it happense when the scrotum is filled or when i get erection. if the scrotum is in relaxed position all seems normal. I do not have any itching. burning or pain. its just the scrutom gets very stiff thick wrinkles. I have been to doctor and he perscribed Fucicort (for atopic dermatities). I have also been using Hydrocortisone Topical cream and took some allergic pills.but no healing. Its been almost 5 months. I have taken pictures of various stages. I am not sure how I can share them with you. if you have a private email address plz let me know n i will send them to you.
I have my doubts about whether you have anything wrong with you at all, or whether for some reason you are just paying closer attention to your scrotum.  The scrotum is supposed to be wrinkled and reddish, and may look more so depending on how warm you are, etc.  Before you run around in circles trying different creams, I suggest you try doing nothing for a month or so and not look at your scrotum.  If you're still concerned at that point, show the doctor again.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Doctor,

Do you have any email address?I would like you to see some of the pictures I have taken. Please let me know if this is possible.
A related discussion, wrinkled scrotum sticky and slightly sore was started.