Sebaceous Cyst behind ear lobe
Hi. I don't know what to do.  I had this sebaceous cyst behind my ear lobe for 3-4 weeks now and I think its infected.  Yellow pus and blood keeps oozing out.  Its also purple and about the size of a finger nail.  The first week I applied hot and warm compresses and it shrunk and I thought it was gone then it came back now I don't want to mess with it.  I'm in college and can only go home on weekends.  Should I visit my Pediatrician or go to a dermatologist or wait for it to go away.

Thanks.
It sounds like an infected sebaceous cyst. They may occur anywhere on body but scalp, ears, back, face, and upper arm, are common sites for sebaceous cysts. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected,  then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

Hi I have the similar problem as the person on top. Is it possible after getting the cyst out, that I could put my piercing back in?
I am 32 years old and hae been getting these custs since my early 20's ,some have gone away on their own, some I have had to have surgically removed, when they get infected they are very painful. The one I have now has made my earlobe 3times its regular size and is affecting my hearing! I have been able to pop it and got all kinds of crap out of it but after a few days it just comes back!! Im really worried that this will never stop and the dr. will eventually cut my earlobe off, can someone help me as to why I keep getting these??