Dermatology Expert Forum
Sebaceous Oil Glands

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Sebaceous Oil Glands
From reading this website, I believe that I have sebaceous oil glands because of the appearance of small clusters of white bumps on my lip.  Is the any way to reduce the appearance of these small bumps?  And, is there any know reason for having sebaceous oil glands?  Thanks for the help... this website is great!!
When oil glands are on the lip, you can see them against the pink packground.  Except for camouflage (lipstic), there's nothing to do about them.  They're just a variant of normal.

Thanks for your kind words.

Dr. Rockoff
I also have a small white bump on my lip..however I don't have clusters, its just one.  I noticed a very minute one next to it but it is not noticable unless I stretch the skin.  I try to cover it up with lipstick but because its elevated, it just makes it look bigger (at least to me).  Anyone have an idea what is it and how can I get rid of it?  It doesn't cause any discomfort, other than cosmetic...
I have a dry looking rash on the upper side of my foot. Its about a year old now and almost never iches. It seems to get a red glow and a burning sensation at times..sometimes from taking a shower. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?
A related discussion, Nevus Sebaceous was started.