Sebaceous cyst on Scrotum
Would a sebaceous cyst on the left side of my scrotum cause itching in the area (1 inch or so) diameter around it all on the same side???

Just curious.

Thanks.

Just curious.

A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

They may cause pain when infected but unless or until the skin is being affected with fungal infection, chances of them causing itching are less.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hello Dr. Kaur

I just want to know an answer to my question.
I have sebaceous cyst in my lower portion of my scrotum measuring 0.3cm. it look like a cheezy white cyst occurs just beneath my scrotum. one time, i just note an open pores on it and decided to squeeze it out. cheezy like paste had run out.  as a result it becomes an open pore after all. what should i do? i want to heal the open pores. do i need to take some antibiotics? is it ok to put crushed penicillin tablet on the wound or just put some providone iodine to disinfect?

many thanks.
email me @ gelo_091287***@****

Gelo, RN