Dermatology Community
Sebaceous cysts in the vaginal area
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sebaceous cysts in the vaginal area

Hello

My OB/GYN told me that I have an over active sebaceous gland due to these bumps that I get on my labia... I have had surgery twice to have them removed, but they just keep coming sometimes in the same area as one that has been removed but usually in different areas. On occassion one does become irritated, tender and drain, but not very often.They are quite noticeable to me? However, my partner (nor previous partners) have ever commented on their existence. I am quite embarrassed by these bumps. When I asked my OB/GYN if there is anything I can do at home to keep them from occuring he told me that there isnt? I do not want to live with this forever! I have had this issue since I was 16 and I am now 33So I was wondering if maybe I should seek a second opinion from a dermatologist? Or if anyone knows if there is anything else that I could be doing at home to keep them from appearing? I shower daily regularly and at times 2-3 times a day. I do shave down there but these occured long before I ever shaved... Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank