Sebborhic dermatitis in groin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Sebborhic dermatitis in groin

I am a 34 year old female who was recently diagnosed with sebborhic dermatitis following the weaning of my son from breastfeeding for 3 years.  It started on my scalp four months ago and spread to my groin 2 months ago.  I am currently trying to get pregnant and I have several concerns about the treatment of this chronic condition.  I have gotten relief for my scalp using ketoconozole shampoo and betamethasone lotion every night.  If I miss even one night, I'm miserable with itching and prickly irritation.  I have also been using the keto shampoo on my groin, but it was not providing enough relief.  I have a raw irritated sensations mostly in the crease between my groin and leg and then I get frequent biting, stabbing, itchy feelings all over my groin where there is hair.  It also wraps around to my anal region.  

For the past 2 weeks, I've added Desonide cream to my regimen and it really soothed the area.  I know you aren't supposed to use it a long time, so I stopped and a day later, the redness, irritation and itching is back despite the continued ketoconozole shampoo use.  My dermatologist tells me that Desonide can only be used in the groin a few times a week for a total of a month.  I'm very worried about this since my rash gets bad after 24 hrs of not using the steroid.  I really don't want to be on a steroid cream on my groin or my scalp for a long time because of the thinning skin and I'm afraid I will never be able to stop.  I'm considering using Gold Bond powder, but unsure if it will help.  Do I have any other choices?  Is using hydrocortisone on my groin every day twice a day doable for a longer period of time than Desonide?  Is the betamethasone really safe to keep using for over 4 months?  I don't understand why my dermatitis is not going into remission and I'm worried it will never get better.  Is there any hope?
If you haven't tried a solution of water mixed with white vinegar, you might try that.  You can't use neem or topical tea tree oil due to the pregnancy.  You could try witch hazel, but the vinegar is stronger.
You also might want to consider lowering your sugar and carb intake and increase your vegetables and lean meat / fish / poultry.