Self tanning bronzer stains

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Self tanning bronzer stains

Hello, I used a self tanning bronzer about 2-3 weeks ago and I have stains on the sides of my body. The stain starts from just under my armpits and goes down to my hips. I have tried exfoliating but the stain/color has not faded away. What should I do to get rid of the stains?
Without treatment, this usually takes about 6 months to resolve and for the skin color to go back to its normal color.  Topical treatments with acids and chemical peels can be effective but can take a while for the skin to totally revert to its normal color.  Microdermabrasion can also be done, but this might require several sessions.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.