Semi-itchy irregular shaped lump on scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hi all. Last week, I had gone on a camping excursion with my co-workers. While over there, I went to the bathroom and ended up pulling a hair while pulling down my boxers in the bathroom. I noticed it when I came home. I saw a tiny and shiny red pimple which stinged on touching. I shrugged it off that time with the hope that it would heal soon.

Fast forward one week, I woke up today and noticed an oddly shaped lump on the skin of the scrotum. I am not exactly sure whether it is situated on the very same place where my hair broke but it seems to be somewhere near it (as far as I can recall). This lump is tender to touch as compared to the usually hard scrotal skin. In addition, I tried stretching my scrotal skin to see what this lump exactly was. It is greyish in color and the skin around it is a tinge of red. It doesn't seem to emit any kind of pus/discharge. However, it is itching when I stretch the scrotal skin.

With regards to my last sexual encounter, I visited a call girl in the first week of June. Two condoms (both Durex) were used for a 3-4 minute round of oral sex and a 1 minute round of vaginal sex.

I have a lingering worry that this might be a sign of genital warts or herpes and would appreciate your inputs here.
It can be a boil or a cyst. Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. . Hair follicles that are blocked by greasy creams, petroleum jelly, or similar products are more vulnerable to infection. Bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle. Treatment includes antibiotics and incision and drainage and do not touch or pick them up.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.