Servere itching on sunburnt areas after shower

About 2 days ago i got sunburnt across the top of my back and shoulders, i had been treating it with aloe vera cream since, and i haven't had any problems since apart from the usual sensitivity and burning. I've also showered since and had no problems up until this morning when i got out of the shower.

I experienced severe itching which was too painful to itch, this lead to white/red blotches starting to appear on my back similar too insect bites but 3 times larger. This itching sensation reminded me on when you have dry skin, so my natural instinct lead me to apply moisturizing cream, after applying cream on numerous occasions the itching didn't stop so i had to jump back into the shower which completely stopped the irritation. when i got out the shower, it came back so i applied aloe vera cream to the area which cooled it down slightly but still remained irritable, since the blotches have also got smaller in size and the irritation is going away.

Other notes:
- I have used the hair and body wash products in the shower before with sun burns abroad/home with no problems.
- I had been to someones dinner party the night before and had eaten a lot of sugary foods
Apply calamine lotion at bed time and after bathing.