Severe itching in the anal region

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Severe itching in the anal region

Hello ,

I am in the tropical country , India.  I have severe itching in the anal region extending till perinium. It is so worse in the nights , i am literally scratching the area and disturbed sleep. I was in Europe before in a cold country , for one full year , dint even get the itching a single day. When I am exposd to sweat enviorenment in tropical regions , the itching starts . Can anybody suggest a reason or solution for this?

Thank you so much
Evidently, sweat is causing your problem, because of the moisture. It is posible it is a yeast infection. A lot of people get the same thing from watches where they sweat under it and holds the moisture. Women get it under their breasts from sweating. People will get it in the cracks of their legs because of sweat collecting then gets no air. Monistat should clear that up and stop the itching. If it works, use it on a daily basis to keep it cleared up. Get the cream in the tube and you can use it just like any other ointment and it is safe for that area. You can apply it as often as needed and it should not bother you at all. Hope this helps you out.
Thank you much for the sugessions and I will try the method you described. Hope that will releive me...

Regards
Karthik
Yes , actually went to a dermaologist and he pescribed an oinment , equivalent to Monistat and told to apply in the nights. Further , he told that the detergent used for undewear washing must be strong. So , sweat plus detergent chemical must be reason and advised to use mild detergent and waterwash thoroughly. Now after the oinment application , feel better. No itching nowadays.

Thank you so much,