Severe itching on uder my elbow

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Severe itching on uder my elbow

I have this severe under my elbow to whereit itches so bad that if i dont scatch it the itch gets worse n if i do scatch it it feels gd but itz all bumps n itz read i cant take the itching nomore i cant sleep cuz the itching is so bad at nite i have took pills wat my DR told me to take cuz itz for itching n it dont help i tried cream it dont help i dont wat to do i cant take the itching nomore itz driving me crazy it feels like someonez using a feather on me  if anyone noz wat i can do or use can u please hit me up

This discussion is related to Sever arm itching.
These symptoms can be due to brachioradial pruritis. Brachioradial pruritis is an intense itching sensation of the arm usually between the shoulder and elbow of either or both arms. The itch can be so intense that sufferers will scratch their own skin to a bleeding condition.
The main cause of BRP is not known but there is evidence to suggest that BRP may arise in the nervous system. BRP may be attributed to a neuropathy, such as chronic cervical radiculopathy.

No cure has been found.The only thing that seems to help most sufferers is the application of ice to the area until the itch is diminished. Other treatments include cooling lotions like those containing camphor or menthol,capsacain or local anesthetic creams,amitriptyline and gabapentin tablets and electrical cutaneous nerve field stimulation.

Please discuss this possibility and these options of treatment with your dermatologist

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.