Severe recurring White flaky bits blocking my pores on Face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hi I am a 30 year old mixed race female with olive to brown skin type; I have always had the odd break out here and there but nothing serious however the pimples always left a dark discoloring mark which takes a very long time to go away.  I’ve been using Retin A cream for many years and seemed to control the situation pretty well however my skin has become very sensitive and quite thin.

About 6 months ago above my top lip I guess the mustache area all my pores became clogged with White bits which seemed to be stuck in my pores.  They seem to be white flaky little things; sometimes it would come to the surface but most times I have to scrub it away or use a tweezer to pull them out. At first it seemed to work but after a few weeks it came back again and kept getting worse and spreading from mustache area to my cheeks chin and temple. Nothing appeared on my nose or fore area yet.
I find my constantly  washing and scrubbing my face to get rid of the stuff trapped in my pores or else it sometimes causes break outs or large bumps underneath my skin that never really develops into anything other than a large hard bump.

I have been using birth control for many years and recently starting using diet pills; I stopped taking both I pills as well as the Retin A in hopes that this may solve the problem but at last after two months it has not helped.

I’m at a loss; I find myself scrubbing my skin raw in desperate need to get rid of these bits trapped in my skin;  my skin is so damaged and has gotten dark discolored and pigmented in many areas from the constant irritation; My Retain A does not seem to help. I have lost all my confidence and feel with drawn I’m in desperate need of help.

Do I have some kind of disease or skin condition or allergy am I sick, need I need a blood test to find out?

Lola