Shaft bumps.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Shaft bumps.

Hello. I'm a teenage male with an odd problem. Ever since I was a small child, I have noticed the sides of the shaft of my penis seem to have these bumps. They're smaller than a drop of water, but there are many of them. They're not on the top or bottom, but only on the sides of the shaft. I don't think they're cysts and I honestly have no clue as to what they are. And they certainly don't seem to be an STD because I have not had sexual intercourse. Anyone able to give me a clue as to what these are?
  • my penis (1 replies):
    Hi. For as long as i can remember i have had these littl...[more]
  • Bumbs or Warts? (1 replies):
    I have bumps or warts, almost like goosebumps on my peni...[more]
  • Penis spots (1 replies):
    hey..im 13 years old and ive noticed for 1 or 2 years no...[more]
  • Bumps (1 replies):
    i have really small bumps on the shaft of my penis. None...[more]
  • What is this? (1 replies):
    Hi, I have very small skin colored bumps that are locate...[more]
From the symptoms the bumps that you have noticed sound like Fordyce spots. They are small, painless bumps that may appear on the shaft of the penis. The spots are a form of ectopic sebaceous gland, and are not known to be associated with any disease or illness and are of cosmetic concern only. They are non-infectious and a natural occurrence on the body.

They should be got removed only for cosmetic reasons as they are normally found on the penis. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.