Dermatology Community
Shaving Issues!
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Shaving Issues!

8599869?1354998202
Hello,

I am a male and every time I shave my thighs, or treasure trail, I get these red very painful & itchy bumps(in picture). Even if I use a trimmer/electrical razor, I still get this problem. I am not certain if I got it with Veet or Nair, but I'm too scared to try again since the pain lasts 2 weeks. I get these issues 1 hour to 1 day after shaving or trimming the area. It also gets worse with goosebumps.

I don't shave or trim them at all anymore because of these issues.. I have tried different razors and creams/gel. Am I doing something wrong? and what condition is this?

Please help.
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
What you are having is folliculitis after shaving. Folliculitis and ingrown hair are common even after shavingg. Apply cold compresses,Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. Also wear cotton clothes.
Also you can go in for laser hair removal which causes permanent reduction of hair and does not cause folliculitis also. Please consult a good cosmetologist/dermatologist for that.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank