Shaving the penis and masturbation with vaseline

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hello there. My question is this. I've been shaving my penis for a long time now and ever since i've shaved it for the first time, i've had to keep shaving it. i tend to get bumps on my penis because i shave. i also masturbate with vaseline. i was wondering what i can use instead of vaseline(i like it because the thickness). what can i use to shave or help heal the penis after shaving? i have been to my urologist and he told me that me shaving and the bumps i get from shaving are oils glands. i'm wondering what i can do to have a smooth penis and clear up the bumps. any over the counter things i can try or take vitamins or something? thanks so much for your help.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Shaving may lead to folliculitits or inflammation of the hair follicles. I recommend that you avoid putting too much cream or anything on your private parts. This area is very sensitive and this may lead to irritation. Sometimes, just keeping the area clean and dry suffice, since folliculitis usually resolves after some time.  Take care and regards.