Shaving

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Shaving

I was told that shaving with an electric razor is better over the long term for your skin since shaving with a blade causes scar tissue. Is this true? Will you be causing more damage if you use a blade as opposed to a electric shaver?
Will you be more prone to skin problems or wrinkles because of it as you age?

Thank You
You can shave with anything. It has no effect on scar tissue. Using electric razors is quick and there is less chance of getting nicks and cuts as the blades don't touch your skin. But you don't get a shave as close or as smooth as a wet shave. So you can choose any method. It’s your own choice.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.