Shingle Scarring
hi, not sure what to do because im new to this website but id love some advice on my shingle scarring. I suffered shingles as a baby and years later I am now almost 15 still have scars they are on my face also so this is affects my self esteem sometimes, I feel as though people may stare at them. I am dark skinned so its less noticeable and sometimes comes across as acne or dirt marks on my face. When I was younger they told my mum that laser treatment could affect the tissue to make it white therefore more noticeable. I am able to cover the scars with makeup but even some effective treatments to reduce the scarring would be amazing
thanks
The kind of marks that you have are due to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is a condition where there is an excess amount of pigment following a disease process that affects the skin.  Without treatment, this usually takes about 6 months to resolve and for the skin color to go back to its normal color.  Topical treatments with acids and chemical peels can be effective but can take a while for the skin to totally revert to its normal color.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.