Shingle Scars

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Shingle Scars

I had shingles on the left side of my forehead and now I have scars or discoloration what ever you want to call it. I was wondering if microdermabrasion would work in removing these scars I'm biracial with a caramel skin tone
The degree of scar formation is proportional to the severity of the acute attack and whether there was any destruction of areas of the skin. Depending on this, treatment options include hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment. If it still persists then you can go in for laser treatment, Chemical peeling or microdermabrasion.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.